Thank you for volunteering to deliver Lib Dem leaflets. We believe delivering leaflets is both safe and legal under current regulations (England January 2021),but do not deliver if you are:
- Have Covid or Covid Symptoms
- Are awaiting results of a Covid test
- Have been overseas recently
- Are genuinely worried about your safety
The World Health Organisation has concluded that there is very little risk of spreading the virus on paper. Distribution of mail by post, delivery of parcels and online shopping, and home delivery of daily newspapers continues.
Voluntary delivery options
The current lockdown guidance and legislation expressly permit people to leave their home to provide voluntary services that cannot reasonably be undertaken from home.
Therefore, volunteering to deliver a round of leaflets locally to the volunteer’s home falls into this category.
Precautions while Delivering
Anyone delivering literature must take suitable precautions.
- Wear a mask during delivery
- Use hand sanitiser before and after delivering
- Avoid any small enclosed spaces, such as within some blocks of flats
- Avoid coming into contact with any individual from outside your own household
- Do not meet in groups of people from outside your household
Thank you again and please stay safe,
Your Lib Dem team