After 21 years of Conservative rule... it's time for change.
Tandridge District Council has been run by a Conservative administration since 2000. They have run out of steam, lost any sense of direction, run down key departments, especially Planning, and came close to bankruptcy last summer.
The Liberal Democrats have driven forward the building of council homes for local people, the development of Quadrant House in Caterham - supporting local business and employment and worked hard to secure proper parking enforcement. They successfully declared a Climate Emergency and action plan.
A Lib Dem Council would…
- Stabilise the Leadership and finances, ensuring staffing is adequate for the workload
- Progress the Local Plan - enabling us to defend the character of our district and ensure neighbourhood plans are supported robustly
- Work effectively with other councils to ensure best value for the public purse and ensure joined up services serve residents more effectively
- Develop the work of the Health and Wellbeing Board to promote leisure, exercise and emotional wellbeing; improving our parks, open spaces and recreation facilities
- Drive forward council house building to address the urgent housing need in our District
- Progress the climate change action plan, working with businesses and parishes, to make the Council carbon neutral by 2030
Remember, the Tories have failed to do these things in 21 years. Only the Liberal Democrats have the experience to shape and deliver this programme